In any emergency call 999. For non-urgent calls, dial 101.
We know that security is always one of the most important issues raised by our residents. Our properties right in the centre of the city can be a target for unwanted intruders, such as criminals or drug users, who will by on the look-out to gain access to any of our courtyards or communal areas. It is therefore a priority for us to maintain communal gates and doors. During planned work programmes we regularly install new, more secure door entry mechanisms.
If anyone you don't know visits your home, as to see their ID. If you are in any doubt, don't let them in.
Everyone working for Soho Housing should carry valid ID. Always ask to see it. If in doubt, you can call our office on 020 7557 7400 to see if they are genuine.
- Make sure you lock all doors, windows and garden gates even if you are only going out for a few minutes
- Don’t leave ladders up against walls when you are not using them. Make sure they are kept out of the reach of prospective burglars!
- If you are going away for a while, ask a neighbour to look after your home. They can make sure free newspapers and post don’t build up on your doorstep or stick out of your letterbox for days. This is a big clue for burglars!
- Cancel newspaper and milk deliveries. Tell the newsagent and milkman personally – do not leave notes for burglars to read!
- Use timer switches to turn lights, TVs and radios on and off, so that it looks like somebody is at home
- Store valuable items out of sight. Don’t leave items in view that will tempt burglars.
Contact us for more advice on security at any time.